Bento is Facebook’s internal notebook platform for computational explorations and data journalism. At Facebook we are constantly solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world. Bento reimagines how we share knowledge, create insights together, and responsibly manage workflows.
Tanya Rai, Product Manager on Bento, will share an overview of Bento and our future vision.
1) Intro to Facebook Data Science & ML - What does data science & ML look like at Facebook
2) Bento- Facebook’s internal notebook platform built on Jupyter
3) Mission - Empower people to collaborate through data, code, and analysis to make better decisions and products.
4) Vision - Everyone at FB should be able to create and leverage insights from notebooks through our collaborative platform. Our high level strategy is to: A) Enable more creators. Be the go-to-place to create insights and explorations with data and code. B) Connect the community. Build a network of knowledge and make it easier to work together. C) Grow as a platform. Create value in emerging markets and new verticals.
5) Bento Demo - Walkthrough the main components of Bento, highlighting focus areas from the vision.